This website is translated into other languages then English as a convenience to our prospective and current shareholders. However, those translations outside of English may contain errors or mistakes and should not be relied upon for accuracy. If you have any questions please contact investor relations.
This website includes certain statements and other information that may be deemed "forward-looking". Statements which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future.
It is important to note that the Company's actual outcomes and actual results could differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investments in private issuers cannot be resold without a prospectus, an available exemption or an appropriate ruling under relevant securities legislation and there may not be any market for such securities. This shall impair the Company's ability to react quickly to market conditions or negotiate the most favourable terms for exiting such investments. Investments in private issuers may offer relatively high potential returns, but will also be subject to a relatively high degree of risk and are subject to indefinite hold periods;
- The value of the securities acquired by the Company will be affected by business factors and risks that are beyond the control of the Company. The performance of certain of the securities held by the Company may be affected by business factors and risks other than their exposure to metal and mineral prices, which may be more determinative of such securities' performance. Some of these factors and risks are: (i) some of the issuers in which the Company invests may have limited operating histories; (ii) operational risks related to specific business activities of the respective issuers; (iii) quality of underlying assets; (iv) financial performance of the respective issuers and their competitors; (v) volatility in the price of metal and mineral prices; (vi) environmental risks; (vii) political risks; (viii) fluctuations in exchange rates; (ix) fluctuations in interest rates; and (x) government regulations, including regulations to prices, taxes, royalties, land tenure, land use, importing and exporting of materials and environmental protection;
- The Company may make investments in securities that have low trading volumes. Accordingly, it may be difficult for the Company to make trades in these securities without adversely affecting the price of such securities;
- Prospective investors assessing the risks and rewards of this investment should appreciate that they will, in large part, be relying on the good faith and expertise of the Company. In particular, prospective investors will have to rely on the discretion and ability of the Company in determining the composition of the portfolio of assets and in negotiating the pricing and other terms of the agreements leading to the acquisition or disposition of assets;
- The Company is neither a mutual fund nor an investment fund and due to the nature of its business and investment strategy and the composition of its investment portfolio, the market price of its common shares, at any time, may vary significantly from the Company's net asset value per share. This risk is separate and distinct from the risk that the market price of the common shares may decrease;
- In recent years, the securities markets in the United States and Canada have experienced a high level of price and volume volatility, and the market prices of securities of many companies have experienced wide fluctuations in price which have not necessarily been related to the operating performance, underlying asset values or prospects of such companies. There can be no assurance that continuing fluctuations in price will not occur. It may be anticipated that any quoted market for the Company will be subject to market trends generally, notwithstanding any potential success of the Company in creating revenues, cash flows or earnings. The value of the common shares of the Company will be affected by such volatility. An active public market for the common shares of the Company might not develop or be sustained. If an active public market for the common shares of the Company does not develop, the liquidity of a shareholder's investment may be limited and the share price may decline;
For more information on the Company, investors should review the Company's filings with the British Columbia Securities Commission, available at www.sedar.com .
Third Party Links
Equitas has provided links from this web site to several other web sites which are arms-length to the Company. The viewer should be aware that in linking to these outside web sites, he or she is leaving the Equitas web site and that Equitas is not responsible for the content of any other site.